[conspire] Fedora 12 wireless hell

Ehud Kaldor ehud.kaldor at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 18:20:50 PDT 2010

Hi all,
I am stuck on a big change in my life. After a couple of happy years
with Ubuntu, I decided to hop distro and try Fedora with my new laptop
(Dell latitude E6400). Everything seems to be solvable (as there is no
Linux in PnP) except for the wireless. After it not being there after
the initial and appearing after the first 450 updates in yum, I cannot
get it to find a network. Sometimes it sees them and fails to connect
but mostly the Network-Manager list is empty.
Lspci claims it is a Dell 1370 hiding a Broadcom 4312 [xxxx:4315]. I
have crawled Google for any combination of Fedora, 12, wireless, dell,
broadcom and 4312 and tried all it threw at me. NDISwrapper with
several drivers, kmod-wl, RPMfusion and probably made a salad. Now I
went back to blankand reinstalled, and am going to try again before
defaulting back to Canonical.
Did anyone have any good advice, or am I doomed to be distro-bound? Help...

And thanks,
Ehud

--
Sent from my mobile device