[conspire] cabal. Sat.

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 18:12:15 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Grant Bowman <grantbow at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been running Karmic for awhile and upgraded to the latest today. Right
> now I am having asound2/udev/pulseaudio issues. Don't try alpha6 and expect
> to have sound. :-(

Hmm. I've been running Karmic since about 1 month (update-manager -d)
following the daily updates since then. No serious sound issues now.
There was a bit of not really breakage, more like garbled system
sounds when booting up.

I am getting a rather strange error and can't track it down, though. I
basically get "sector not found" or buffer io errors, bb only when
shutting down the laptop, never any other time. So I have to do an
unclean shutdown. My ubuntu installation is hosted on a file in the
Vista partition, so I made a few copies of the image and don't
experience any issues reading through the entire file. Go figure. At
least (knock on wood) my hard drive on my roughly 10 month old laptop
isn't in need of replacing.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.