[conspire] Django Triumphant

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Wed Oct 21 09:49:53 PDT 2009

jim:
> On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 17:13 +0100, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> > I have taken to using bits of django in unexpected ways for a while
> > now.
> can you briefly describe these unexpected ways?

As Darlene noted, my second link describes my use of the Django ORM on
its own in a forking server.  Yardbird itself is an IRC bot that you
write using Django models, templates and views, and the Django
"urlconfs" regex dispatcher works well for matching incoming IRC
messages to the view functions.

At some point I'll add jabber support, since I'm keen to ditch IRC.
Aside from bitlbee, all the jabber<->IRC gateways go the wrong way: they
let you use terrible jabber clients to speak the terrible IRC protocol
to terrible IRC servers.  I want my nice IRC client to connect to my
nice Jabber server over the nice XMPP!

--
"There should be a homonym exam before people are
issued keyboards."     -- George Moffitt