[conspire] Announcement postings

Eric De Mund ead-conspire at ixian.com
Mon Mar 30 11:31:43 PDT 2009

Rick,

Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>:
] This practice stands in sharp contrast to that of some other groups
] [...] that adopt the obvious alternative of running an -announce mail-
] ing list that people can opt into, if they want to see announcements
] only. For example, SVLUG does that -- and I personally think it's an
] ethically cleaner practice.

Your suggestion of "group regulars only" is one solution that provides
in-band "-announce" list functionality while not risking the pH of con-
spire too much.

Another in-band "-announce" solution might be for posters to include an
"[announce]" string in the subject line. I, for one, would welcome that.

Eric
--
"Organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds. Biochemistry is
the study of carbon compounds that crawl." --Mike Adams

Eric De Mund   | Ixian Systems           | Jab: eadixian at jabber.org/main
ead at ixian.com  | 650 Castro St, #120-210 | Y!M: ead0002
ixian.com/ead/ | Mountain View, CA 94041 | ICQ: 811788