[conspire] myopen(1)

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Fri Mar 27 08:08:31 PDT 2009

begin Eric De Mund quotation of Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:39:04PM -0700:

> Thinking out loud now, I think I only need to figure out a way to have
> run-mailcap(1) *not* search /etc/mailcap and /etc/mime.types for appro-
> priate info if it's not found in ~/.mailcap and ~/.mime.types.

I think it already does that, and you just need to
add the "file -ib" piece.  From the man page:

    Both  the user’s files (~/.mailcap;
    ~/.mime.types) and the system files (/etc/mailcap;
    /etc/mime.types) are searched in turn for
    information.

So you can make a ~/.mailcap line like this:

    image/*; edit=xtoolwait gimp %s; compose=xtoolwait gimp %s

(I put the xtoolwait in there so that I get my shell
prompt back when the X program starts successfully.)

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
dmarti at zgp.org
See you at OpenSource World: August 11-13, 2009 in San Francisco