[conspire] July schedule posted

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jun 30 19:32:43 PDT 2009

I wrote:

> Quoting Tony Godshall (tony at of.net):
>
> > Ah, but can I subscribe to it yet?
> > Do you have a .ics URL for us?
>
> Nobody's done the coding to supply RSS or iCAL format.  If you're
> interested in doing that work, I'll be glad to give you the MySQL
> schema, the PHP front-end markup, and the monthly Python script that
> populates the events table, so you can grind it out.

To correct myself:  Above offer applies to the _BALE_ calendar,
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/  .

CABAL's calendar, on http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/ is a flat HTML file
that I periodically update using vi -- which suits me, because it's
simple, lightweight, and has very little software to break.  Tony is
asking how he can "subscribe to it", i.e., to the calendar portion of
http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/ via iCAL, impliedly using RSS, I would
guess.

Since I know of no easy way to subscribe to a flat HTML file in .iCAL
(".ics") format, I assume Tony is implying that there's an easy
enhancement to my simple little HTML page that he'd like to see.
Maybe he can tell me what that is, and how to do it.

(Please don't tell me to move http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/ into a CMS,
or some overengineered crud like that.)

If I seem a little annoyed, people asking "When are you going to
implement page [foo] in iCAL?  When are you going to add RSS to page
[bar]?" without offering to help or even to suggest a plausible method
has gotten old.