[conspire] (real) Installfest in a Box

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:11:53 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 1:43 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> I mentioned that [...]

Ok, then indeed my memory failed me.  Someone said "in a box"
somewhere on Sunday.  It must have been someone else.  If you recall
who let me know.  Sorry for the misattribution.

> I personally regard the term "FLOSS" as a sad (_and_ actively harmful)
> [...]
> More at:  http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=882
> [...]

Fine, I'm not stuck on FlossManuals.  Thanks for the link.  I'll do
the documentation on my own website for now.  This is a good motivator
to get it back online.  I'll see how easy these servers are for me to
setup and configure for this purpose.

> [...] try out whatever prototype you create at a few
> install events, to see what works and what needs improvement. [...]

I don't mind doing the work, I just don't want to make any choices
early on that excludes participation from knowledgable local "wizards"
such as yourself.  After I get something minimally working I'll
certainly get it to some installfests to try out.  I'm thinking of
possible test locations at Cabal, Cabrio, Davis, a friend of mine's
computer store and any other locations that pop up.  I'll keep the
list informed on my progress.  I encourage other suggestions.

Grant