[conspire] July schedule posted

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Tue Jul 14 00:12:34 PDT 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 12:07 AM, Ruben Safir wrote:

> Useless conversation with PHP coders...I've done it for years to no
> avail.  Discuss modules, names spacing, syntax clarity, reusability,
> variable clarity, and scoping until your blue in the face and you'll
> be
> talking over their heads and just whip up more convulted and barely
> debuggable code in a half hour.

None of which is nearly as complicated as J2EE. Sorry, the Java world
wins this one.

I've seen decent PHP libraries. They do exist. Sure, they're not as
common as the crap, and the language has consistency issues (and
all the above), but if I need repeating headers and footers on a page,
I'm going to reach for PHP.

Deirdre