[conspire] July schedule posted

Tony Godshall tony at of.net
Mon Jul 13 21:38:02 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Deirdre Saoirse
Moen<deirdre at deirdre.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, Tony Godshall wrote:
>> As for religious war, Rick was, it seemed trolling for a Ruby vs
>> Python kind of thing- I don't want to play that game.
>> Please, if you feel insulted, set me straight.
> As someone who will use whatever damn language I feel like because it's
> the best tool for the job, yes, I am insulted because it did appear that
> you were the person who was snarking, not Rick.
> I've been paid to work in more than 25 languages over the yeears, and I
> don't really love or hate any of them. They all suck. :)
> Okay, Java sucks ore than most in my opinion....
> But still, I don't think it's POSSIBLE to build complicated with PHP.
> Convoluted, perhaps, but to really get complicated, you need something
> like this:
> http://discuss.joelonsoftware.com/default.asp?joel.3.219431.12
> --
> _Deirdre  blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
> "Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"

Yes, you are right, my troll sensitivity meter was set too high and my
reaction was too strong.

PHP is pretty clear, yes, but it doesn't beat static for performance.

I apologize if my focusing on that came across as as insulting- I
really did not mean it that way.  I use PHP when the page needs to be

I do like the Parrot work- they seem to be fixing the stuff about Java
that's so annoying.