[conspire] July schedule posted

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jul 7 14:07:55 PDT 2009

Quoting Dire Red (deirdre at deirdre.net):

> It would be possible to go the other way, though: auto-generate
> iCalendar files from MySQL data we've already got.
>
> It's on my list of things to do when I'm sufficiently motivated. (Along
> with RSS feeds)

A cronjob in Ruby that periodically parses out current MySQL data and
drops off an iCal file in a download location would just the thing.

By the way, following a link from the hCalendar pages
(http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar) Don pointed out, we find a good
explanation of how to best specify an all-day event in RFC 2445's
iCalendar format:

http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-calsify/2005-September/000769.html

  Afaik RFC 2445 does not say anything about allday events, but in all
  implementations I have seen so far the DTEND is exclusive.

  Example for a one day allday event on Jul 15:

  DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20050715
  DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20050716

  Think of this being another form for midnight to midnight local time:

  DTSTART:20050715T000000
  DTEND:20050716T000000

The latter pair (midnight, July 15, 2005 to midnight, July 16, 2005)
is a good example of what we'll want for such events.