[conspire] July schedule posted

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Wed Jul 1 08:40:43 PDT 2009

begin Rick Moen quotation of Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 07:32:43PM -0700:

> CABAL's calendar, on http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/ is a flat HTML file
> that I periodically update using vi -- which suits me, because it's
> simple, lightweight, and has very little software to break.  Tony is
> asking how he can "subscribe to it", i.e., to the calendar portion of
> http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/ via iCAL, impliedly using RSS, I would
> guess.

There's "hCalendar" --
http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar
http://www.peachpit.com/guides/content.aspx?g=webdesign&seqNum=356
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HCalendar

HTML markup to indicate that something is an event.
All regular HTML, no extra software on the server
side required.

There are tools to extract hCal to an original
ICalendar/ics file.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
dmarti at zgp.org
See you at OpenSource World: August 11-13, 2009 in San Francisco