[conspire] for cabal new box to install

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jan 23 15:17:07 PST 2009

Quoting David Fox (dfox94085 at gmail.com):

> I just purchased a quad core (intel core 2 quad) box with Asus P5QL-EM
> motherboard, 4 gb ram, intel gma x4500-hd graphics card on board,
> looked to be a good deal, hope to get ubuntu or debian installed on it
> for cabal if it is not raining as if it is raining I don't want to get
> it wet :(.

Timely!  I'm just burning these two to CDR:

-rw-r--r--  1 rmoen rmoen 669566976 2009-01-14 00:08 debian-testing-amd64-xfce+lxde-CD-1.iso
-rw-r--r--  1 rmoen rmoen 671326208 2009-01-13 23:40 debian-testing-i386-xfce+lxde-CD-1.iso

Those are a good bet, IMVAO, if you like Debian "lenny" 4.0, currently
the "testing" branch -- and especially if you like either of the two
lightweight "desktop" setups provided on that CD.

Other Debian, *buntu (mostly 8.10), and other disks on tap are as noted
at http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/installfest/#distros .

If you find yourself needing a lift, please don't hesitate to telephone
(650-283-7902 cellular).  Though I cannot be in general a South Bay taxi
service for people wanting to come to/from CABAL, I am willing to make
occasional exceptions.

It'd be better if you can arrange to come with Bruce, of course, since
he'd be arriving from your general vicinity, whereas I'd have to loop
down to pick you up.  Also, please let me know with plenty of advance
notice, e.g., don't call me at noon tomorrow!  ;->