[conspire] (forw) Re: (forw) Re: I7000

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Feb 22 13:36:02 PST 2009

More.  (Mike might be joining this mailing list, to post more directly.
Please welcome him, if he does.)

----- Forwarded message from Mike Kirk <mikalk at charter.net> -----

From: Mike Kirk <mikalk at charter.net>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:58:54 -0600
Subject: Re: (forw) Re: [conspire] I7000

Rick - I think after researching the different options of Unix, I have
decided to try the Ubunto - Desktop version. Since both of my I 7000's have
256 ram, 366 mhz, 6 gig HD, I will try it later this evening. I will just
put it on one and see how it works. Any other suggestions on downloading
anything that will work with my WIRELESS card ? I want to be able to use
this laptop to communicate wireless with my home network Linksys WRT54GS
wireless router? Will I have to download and install anything else special
to work wireless - or will it find the hardware and network automatically
like windows 2000 did?
                                                                       Thanks for your help and support

                       Mike Kirk