[conspire] wireless router

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 31 12:54:08 PST 2009

Quoting David Rosenstrauch (darose at darose.net):

> Not open source, but I have this little portable one, and it's quite nice.
>
> http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=346
>
> Reviews on NewEgg seem to indicate that it should only really be used
> for short-term / travel needs (i.e., not as your full-time router).  But
> in that capacity it works quite well.

Cute little thing.  Hardly anyone on the Internet seems to have any idea
what's in it, which is a bit scary from a Linux / open source
perspective.  This posting suggests it's built on a Marvell Libertas
AP-32 chipset -- which means Marvell 88E6060-RCJ ethernet and Marvell
88W8510-BAN ARM9-family CPU.

http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0508.3/1422.html
(Note probable violation of the Linux kernel coders' copyright in the
shipped no-source firmware.)

If it works for you as-is, great.  I wouldn't count on it to be hackable
in the near future.