[conspire] Memo from yesterday's CABAL meeting

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Dec 27 17:19:04 PST 2009

We had an astonishingly large turnout, considering this was the day
after Christmas, and in the middle of a developing winter rain storm.  I
was quite surprised, and happy to see everyone.

A nice 2004-era P4 mid-tower system, newly given to me by my
mother-in-law Cheryl, erupted in spectacular yellow sparks from the PSU,
putting an end, for the evening, to our efforts to use it.

One of the two Linksys WRT54G v2 wireless access point / NAT-router
appliances, newly loaded with the OpenWRT Linux distribution (head svn
check of "Kamikaze" r18768) is now deployed on our outside LAN, to
furnish a new wireless network named "cabal" (plus much-better wired
ethernet service).  Performance and access to house bandwidth appears to
be much improved.

Eric Scott brought to my attention that the CABAL Web pages both had a
minor typo and didn't pass W3C's HTML/CSS validators, because of
omissions from the HEAD block when I recently converted the page from
flat HTML to PHP5.  This has now been fixed -- and I fixed the BALE
page's HTML/CSS errors, too.

Next CABAL day will be Saturday, January 9, 2010.  See you then!