[conspire] even though I install an add-on to create a tiny url in Firefox, the add-on is not available

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Wed Dec 23 12:48:44 PST 2009

begin Darlene Wallach quotation of Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 12:28:49PM -0800:

> Any suggestions as to how I can generate short urls?

Bad idea.  Requires both the URL-shortening site
and the destination site in order to work.  One more
thing to go wrong.  And when the whole "short URL"
trend winds up and the spammers/squatters get a hold
of the URL shortener domains, you just retroactively
sent out a bunch of links to spam.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
dmarti at zgp.org