[conspire] corrected to HP LaserJet4M Plus Re: HP LaserJet4 - CUPS lists printer twice

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Aug 29 23:21:22 PDT 2009

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> Ah - but that is the point.  Screw the sysadmin issues.  I have
> unpredictable people I have to service and time to budget!

Then, your point is, if you'll pardon me being blunt, really stupid.

You run the exact same risk of various other people unwisely picking
their own static IPs on your LAN, regardless of whether you list all,
some, or none of the local IP addresses in the dynamic-IP pool in your
dhcpd.conf.

> The box serving DHCP is 10 times what I need anyway :)  Put those CPU cycles
> and RAM to good use.

I'm glad you have RAM to waste.  I don't, and take professional pride in
not throwing it away.