[conspire] corrected to HP LaserJet4M Plus Re: HP LaserJet4 - CUPS lists printer twice

Ken Bernard kenbernard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 19:05:04 PDT 2009

Along the lines of this thread:

If you are using DHCP on your network. When installing a networked printer
it is a good idea to assign the printer a static IP address. Your printer
will then always be at the same location even after you turn it off and on,
DHCP will not assign it a new address (it owns it's address instead of just
leasing).You can do this on either a router or a gateway, in the device's
firmware. Open up your browser and navigate to the device (router of
gateway). Typing the
device IP will take you to the device (firmware) so you can assign the
printer a static IP.

Ken