[conspire] corrected to HP LaserJet4M Plus Re: HP LaserJet4 - CUPS lists printer twice

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 24 23:43:30 PDT 2009

Rick,

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Rick Moen<rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting Darlene Wallach (freepalestin at dslextreme.com):
>
>> More questions. I'm using the 10-BaseT to connect the HP LaserJet4
>> MPlus printer to the hub you so generously gave me a few years ago.
>
> Would it be OK if I were to forward your post to conspire@, and then
> answer it there?

My bad! I forgot to reply to conspire list!

I spoke briefly with Daniel on Saturday. He reminded me I don't have a
router and therefore no way to get an ip for the printer.

I switched back to using the parallel port and finally successfully
printed something today.

If you know some magic for me to get an IP for the printer without a
router please share your wisdom.

Thank you and I apologize for *not* keeping the discussion on the conspire list.

Darlene Wallach