[conspire] Re-burns of scratched discs

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 20 11:46:19 PDT 2009

Quoting Edward Cherlin (echerlin at gmail.com):

> Have you considered burning a master for the most frequently used
> distros, and burning a fresh copy for use when one is damaged? Or
> putting the images on an easily accessible machine with a suitably
> capacious hard drive and a DVD burner?

One problem about keeping two copies of distro discs is that I burn and
throw away rather too many of them already.  The need to re-download and
re-burn is infrequent enough that I doubt it merits the extra time,
materials, and storage.  It's just annoying, because it's so avoidable
if people simply don't behave like gits.  ;->

I don't yet have the machine with suitably capacious hard drive, but
am heading that way:  Upthread, you'll have noted the installfest server
project.