[conspire] (forw) My Ubuntu nvidia driver problem fixed in 8.10, shipping 10/31/08

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Oct 13 01:29:28 PDT 2008

----- Forwarded message from Les <les.faby.78 at gmail.com> -----

Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:06:24 -0700
From: Les <les.faby.78 at gmail.com>
To: rick at linuxmafia.com
Subject: My Ubuntu nvidia driver problem fixed in 8.10, shipping 10/31/08

Dear Rick,

Thank you for your hospitality at the installfest.

Detection of nVidia hardware incorrectly selects the 'nv' driver even for
hardware not supported by that driver, preventing X from running on some
systems.
This issue will be fixed in daily builds immediately after Beta and will be
resolved for the Ubuntu 8.10 final release.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/261977
I think there were others that had a similar issue. Is there a dlist that
would reach them?
--
Regards .... Les

----- End forwarded message -----