[conspire] Routing question

Edmund J. Biow biow at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 28 00:24:35 PDT 2008

On my little home LAN I have a wired router for my desktop machines on
a specific sub-net (its address is or some such) and I
also have a wireless router that plugs in the the LAN, but has a
different sub-net (let's say is the wireless router's
address, for the sake of argument).
When my laptop accesses the internet using the wireless router I can
still access my little Debian C2 server on the 192.168.1.x subnet when
I use opensuse 10.2 & Windows XP (when it doesn't bluescreen on me,
that is), but to get Xubuntu Edgy or Sidux mount my samba shares over
on my wired subnet I have to first use the following command

# route add  -net gw

I gleaned that command when looking over this page:

I suppose I could remove my wired router and put everything on the
wireless subnet, but I don't use wireless very often and don't leave
the wireless router running all the time, since I figure constantly
advertising an essid makes my LAN somewhat less secure, even with MAC
address filtering.
Anywho, it is annoying to have to start a root terminal session and
issue that command every time I switch to a wireless connection and
still want to access my collection of edifying fine art downloaded
from alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.bestiality.hamster.duct-tape.

Anyone have a suggestion for how I can permanently add my main subnet
to my laptop's routing table?
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)