[conspire] new system put together

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 20:39:24 PDT 2008

HI *,

I followed Kai's suit and started my own upgrade. Most if not all the
needed parts I have already, courtesy of Fry's in Campbell.

I managed to get a ECS m/b with a AMD 2x @ 5200 cpu, 2 gig of 800 mhz
RAM (Crucial), a sata DVD/RW drive and a Sata 3.0 gb 500 gig drive.

Now I just have to put it together, and I'm hamfisted when it comes to
screwdrivers and that sort of thing...

The upshot is to fit it in my old case / powersupply - it's a big blue
box with currently an Asus A7V133 motherboard and an Athlon 1000
processor. I think the new mb is significantly smaller than the old
one but haven't had a chance to go in and really look.