[conspire] Offering GPG/PGP Workshop at CABAL

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Wed May 14 08:04:13 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 19:36:16 Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2008 16:14:30 -0700, Mark Weisler wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I hereby offer to facilitate a GPG/PGP workshop at a CABAL meeting.
>
> Still no S/MIME?
Well, at least not for this workshop offering.  ;>)
I am influenced by...
* the fact that the Debian committers still use GPG as a way of assuring their
identities (and perhaps for privacy) as they go about evolving Debian

* the continued adoption and use of PGP by the numerous governments of the
U.S. for purposes of privacy and identity assurance

* the notion that key authenticity can be established by an individual, a
monolithic authority such as a company or a government, or a community of
individuals attesting to each others authenticity by signing keys in the
proverbial "web of trust".

Seems to me this technology is still useful and will around for a while.

Mark