[conspire] How to check if a mobo is compatible with

prosolutions at gmx.net prosolutions at gmx.net
Sun Mar 30 10:12:03 PDT 2008

So wrote David Fox on Sunday, 30 March 2008:
> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 09:41:05 -0700
> From: David Fox <dfox94085 at gmail.com>
> To: conspire at linuxmafia.com
> Subject: Re: [conspire] How to check if a mobo is compatible with
>
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 6:04 AM, K Sandoval <indigo.kai at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hiya Everyone, Kai here.
>
> wow you're up early :)
>
> >  Item 1) Do I need to purchase some CPU/Heat sink Jelly? Yes / No  ?
> >   I don't have any that I know of.
> >  Arctic Silver AS5-35 Silver Thermal Compound
> >  http://www.centralcomputers.com/commerce/ccp19974--arctic-silver-as5-35-silver-thermal-compound-fan-as5-3g-cpuzzzasas5r.htm

Hi, if you are building your own system, you absolutely need thermolytic
grease between the CPU and fan.  The goal is to have an extremely thin coating of
it that is applied homogeneously across the surface of the heat sink.
You do not want too much of it, any clumps, or any areas where it is
missing.  They sell tubes of it at Fry's for like $2.95.

--
Felicia