[conspire] Ah, another test subject for this Saturday's CABAL

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 06:18:19 PDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

>  Super.  I assume:  Desktop edition only, not Alternate?  I'll
>  concentrate on getting the Alternate images of Ubuntu/Kubuntu
>  i386/x86_64 -- and all the Xubuntu images.

Yeah, I'll concentrate on the desktop editions now - also will  get
the other Kubuntu as well, i386 & amd64 editions. Go ahead and get the
others.

>  Hmm, I'm guessing that means with KDE 3.5.x and with 4.0.  (/me checks.)
>  Yep.  KDE 4.0 is said to be still pretty much scary-beta stuff, FYI.

There were 2 CABAL attendees who reported good experiences with the
kde4 (Christian & Peter, I believe, maybe Daniel as well). I know I
can't speak for their experiences because I haven't tried it. Maybe
I'll have time to try out the kde4 again in Ubuntu (I tried it briefly
a while back when Suse released a KDE4 bootable live CD), but I likely
will keep my debian.