[conspire] Inserting Ads Into Message Postings?

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Thu Mar 6 13:53:31 PST 2008

While looking for some information I came upon this web site discussing Linux
matters...
http://forum.soft32.com/linux/gentoo-user-AMD64-Stability-ftopict333109.html
and found (apparently) advertisements inserted into the middle of otherwise
informative Linux postings.

Have others seen this sort of thing? Is this a trend? Seems like, up until
now, ads were somewhat segregated from the main material. Granted, there were
tricks to get one to read the ads and notices disclosing that some
information is an ad was subdued. But we may be entering a new age in which
sites that may be "sponsored" will require the most careful reading to
discern the author's opinion from the advertiser's ploy.

--
Mark Weisler