[conspire] Housekeeping, again

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Mar 2 18:38:14 PST 2008

Quoting Edward Cherlin (echerlin at gmail.com):

> We were saying about providing a larger food serving area.

A situation slated to be fixed, FYI.

> But let us know if we can provide anything to make it easier, more
> convenient, more double-plus-good[1] in whatever way suits you, and
> keeps us more in line.

Thanks.

> Remember that geekness generally entails a failure of socialization.

Oh, I do.  It's entertaining except when it starts destroying my
family's property.  (E.g., the _only_ time one of my household's
teaspoons has gotten carelessly slipped down into the in-sink garbage
disposer and then subsequently banged up was at the hands of an
oblivious CABAL member.  Consequently, I can't help thinking the
prospect of computer geeks attempting to wash and dry my family's dishes
might end up being a mixed blessing.)

> Have I done that?

I don't think so -- and I've been trying not to name names, so I'll not
specify the two people who I know did.

> If so, I'm sorry. I have gotten used to trays of flexible plastic,
> meant to be twisted. Would you like some?

We actually have enough spare ice-trays, but thank you.

Having my things destroyed by oblivious strangers bothers me,
irrespective of available spares.  I trust you know enough about my
family history to guess why sudden, unplanned personal losses because of
someone else's casual negligence and stupidity might be a sore point.