[conspire] to Walt Mossberg, user groups

George Pope gpope at pcmagic.net
Thu Jan 31 16:43:39 PST 2008

  19.

      I too like my eee pc. I got it to do field interview notes. Now I
      take it to the library, starbucks and even into the next room etc.

      I think your resistance to Linux hurts your column. When I finally
      got Ubunto I swore off MS Windows and I am no young command line
      hacker.

      Comments here raise a question that you could help us with. I am
      interested in installing Xubuntu on the eee pc?

      Living in the SFBA I am a member of 2 dynamic Linux user groups
      where I regularly encounter some of most knowledgeable computer
      people out there. A couple of my friends caution about installing
      stuff that is too new and not yet properly tested by the Linux
      community. Indeed I am incorraged by Alan Kaiser’s post. If you
      took up questions like these you would be further helping your
      readers..including myself when I am back in Ghana W Africa.

      Invitation: why not you or a member of your staff come to an
      installafest at one of our user groups http://linuxmafia.com/
      (Palo Alto)
      or Silicon Valley Lunux User Group
      http://www.svlug.org/ (Sunnyvale). These are very important to the
      computing world. Your readers would greatly benefit from your
      reporting on these groups. Come to think of it there there must be
      good NYC Linux user groups that more convenient to you.

      Please let me know if you want to do a story out here.

      Posted by george pope at January 31st, 2008 at 2:23 pm
      <http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20080117/asus-offers-travelers-small-mobile-eee-pc-but-its-too-cramped/#comment-1114>
      /Your comment is awaiting moderation./
  20.

      These _meaning User Groups_ are very important to the computing world.

      Posted by george pope at January 31st, 2008 at 2:33 pm
      <http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20080117/asus-offers-travelers-small-mobile-eee-pc-but-its-too-cramped/#comment-1115>