[conspire] Folk etymology for fun and profit.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jan 20 12:24:51 PST 2008

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):

> I understand that it's a term of art in law enforcement these days, but
> I've always been irked by the verb "to surveil".

It struck me as a badly conceived neologism, too.  I'd have taken the
long path around that particular pit, e.g., "How many times have you
conducted surveillance against Mr. Reiser?"

--
Cheers,             "Don't use Outlook.  Outlook is really just a security
Rick Moen            hole with a small e-mail client attached to it."