[conspire] Folk etymology for fun and profit.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jan 20 12:24:51 PST 2008

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):

> I understand that it's a term of art in law enforcement these days, but
> I've always been irked by the verb "to surveil".

It struck me as a badly conceived neologism, too.  I'd have taken the
long path around that particular pit, e.g., "How many times have you
conducted surveillance against Mr. Reiser?"

Cheers,             "Don't use Outlook.  Outlook is really just a security
Rick Moen            hole with a small e-mail client attached to it."
rick at linuxmafia.com                        -- Brian Trosko in r.a.sf.w.r-j