[conspire] Housekeeping, again

jim stockford jim at well.com
Fri Feb 29 06:52:58 PST 2008

    speaking for all geeks everywhere, apologies for
some of our bad manners and, more importantly,
insensitivity and inconsiderateness.
    seems to me that you, rick, are a little too starchy
in this case: you've invited all and sundry into your
home and you should have some defensive
measures in place that are compatible with your
standards. rather than having a sign near the
microwave, a la bus terminal style, maybe set out
paper plates and utilitarian service, and if possible,
in a dedicated area such as your patio ("damn the
weather, if you're hungry, go outside and get eat!")
where you can put a nice, big, obvious trashcan.
    this thread certainly strikes me as helpful.
hope this is helpful,
jim