[conspire] Fwd: Housekeeping, again

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Feb 28 02:11:55 PST 2008

Quoting Edward Cherlin (echerlin at gmail.com):

> No, Christian, not to organize. To TELL THEM so that it Just Works. No
> sign-ups. Everybody does it, all the time.

Quite.  When someone says "Hey, guys, stop being slobs in a house where
you're a guest", that _doesn't_ mean form an organising committee to
bankroll a cleaning service; it means stop being slobs in a house where
you're a guest.

It's really not difficult, and I shouldn't have to remind people.
My family are not (generic-)your mommies nor (generic-)your maids.

(Deirdre observes that (generic-)you don't _even_ have to eschew being
inconsiderate slobs the rest of the month; the two days' practice will
be useful just as a change of pace.)

> Anything else, Rick?

No, you got it.  Them New Haven blokes done good.  ;->