[conspire] Massive Ubuntu Installfest for Schools (March 1st)

Andrew Fife afife at untangle.com
Sat Feb 16 09:57:34 PST 2008

On Saturday March 1st, Untangle and the ACCRC are organizing a massive
installfest for Bay Area schools.  We are refurbishing hundreds of
older/discarded computers with Ubuntu and donating them to Bay Area
schools.  We need your help from Linux users installing Ubuntu at the 4
locations, which are San Francisco, Berkeley, San Mateo & Marin County.

Signup sheets for each location are here:

If you can make the installfest, you can still help by driving
participation by blogging about the event or voting for it on Digg or

More info on the installfest here:

Why the event is cool:

  Helps spread F/OSS (Ubuntu, Firefox, OpenOffice & more)

  Helps bridges the Digital Divide with underprivileged users

  Keeps toxic computer equipment out of landfills (Aprox 25,000 pounds)

  Is a cool community effort

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andrew Fife
Untangle - Open Source Security Gateway