[conspire] Link to Online Computer Software Training and other things.

K Sandoval indigo.kai at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 16:15:40 PST 2008

Hello this email goes out to David and anyone else who might be interested.

I was doing research on how to learn about linux and what kinds of
educational tools/resources are out there and I found this site.

I found several Linux/Unix courses here.

$30 for One Month Access
Over 475 Courses
Unlimited Access

Note: some of the video tutorials are freely available to help you
evaluate the training. Click on any of the linked lesson listings
below to preview FREE!

I got a preview of some of the Linux: Introduction to Linux chapters
and I thought this course was very informative.

I really like this site because each lesson appears to be about 10
minutes long, you can start-stop and restart the lesson, you can
review a lesson 2 or 3 times if needed. I am seriously thinking of
taking advantage of this site for a month or two and try to learn as
much as I can.

I also found a "Lab Manual" on Amazon.com and I was thinking of giving
this book a try also.

p.s.  I am also interested in a text to speech app.  I found orca and
will do some research.
Does any here have any experience with text to speech apps for Ubuntu
or Linux in general?

Ms.Kai Sandoval