[conspire] Reiser trial: DNA tests partially flubbed, defence motion for mistrial

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Wed Feb 6 02:45:11 PST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008, at 2:37 AM, Eric De Mund wrote:

> Now, to some particular points. I don't know Rick terribly personally
> well, but I do believe that his statement above of "I currently think
> it... more likely than not that Hans murdered her," would not be
> swamped
> by what I've seen of the care he exercises in legal/moral judgement. I
> believe that like Deirdre, and Christian, he would *not* convict here.

I know Rick wouldn't convict based on the evidence we've got so far.
Doesn't mean we don't both think it's likely that Hans killed Nina,
but the armchair gut instinct is very different than having to pass
judgment on someone's life.

I can sit on a jury and think a guy's guilty as sin, but if the
prosecution hasn't proven its case beyond a reasonable doubt, I'm not
going to vote to convict.

--
_Deirdre                                             http://deirdre.net