[conspire] Avoid Acer and Best Buy , especially for a Laptop

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 23:31:54 PST 2008

hi

On Feb 4, 2008 8:41 PM, Adrien Lamothe <a_lamothe at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I looked at that model in Best Buy and the specs and physical quality
> looked good. Looked like it should run Linux well.

Daniel Gimpelevich and I (mostly Daniel) have been helping a guy who came
into the SF-LUG meeting at the Javacat on Sunday with a similar problem.  I
am mostly just talking to the guy on the phone as a welcome wagon sort of
thing, since he is a new member.  Daniel has been doing all the work.
Daniel started with Gutsy 64 bit, but the ethernet wouldn't work, nor the
wifi.  Daniel switched to Debian Sid, when last I spoke with him, and seemed
to be making progress.  Daniel will much more accurate details than I.

c u