[conspire] VNC through a secure channel

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sun Aug 24 21:18:04 PDT 2008

begin Ruben I Safir quotation of Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 09:30:10PM -0400:

> to run the gtk+ and C++ progeram remotely....

Unless you're doing something that has to be really,
really fast, at this point you can do it all in the
browser.  And things are only going more that way...
  http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080822-firefox-to-get-massive-javascript-performance-boost.html

> There won't be X on the clients.  A retail shop will just wonder by, say
> - oh that is what I need to start my shop, open their credit card for
> monthly billing, and have a complete Pharmacy operation in 10 seconds,
> along with third party billing information and ability...along with
> a lot of other goodies.
>
> No mess.  no contracts.  Quick and easy buying decision.

And if you require customers to install VNC, there
goes quick and easy.

--
Don Marti                                               +1 415-734-7913 mobile
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/