[conspire] VNC through a secure channel

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Sun Aug 24 14:32:15 PDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 01:54:06PM -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
> I want to create a retail Pharmacy program that will work through
> VNC, but it has to be secure and it should work through a browser.
>
> How would I go about doing that and setting up the desktops to only
> run my application through X.
>
> There are a number of issues with this:
>
> A) VNC tends to be CPU and Memory Intenssive
> B) It must be secure because of HIPPA laws
> C) I wouldn't mind teaming with a pro on this if you would want to make
> a business venture out of it.

Ruben - I'm not sure if this is a serious question or not.
VNC can be tunneled through an SSH connection. Its pretty simple.

If you're seriously inquiring:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aunofficial&hs=QY2&q=VNC+tunnel+%28through+OR+over+OR+on+%29+ssh&btnG=Search

Several how-to's show up

Jeff Kinz