[conspire] Google and Georgia

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Aug 18 22:53:22 PDT 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 22:22:53 -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:

> On Aug 13, 2008, at 10:15 PM, joe gallo wrote:
>
>> sketchy as in
>> http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/where-is-georgia-on-google-
maps.html?

> Hey, looks like Daniel's place of birth will finally get some respect as
> well.

I haven't checked in a couple of weeks, but when I did, I could still see
the house I lived in until the age of three and a half in Satellite View.
Nothing was labeled, of course. This is the first online review I can
find of the restaurant the house now houses:
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/ddcfd/1a2919/2/
No mention of the old firehouse next door, but judging by Satellite View,
it may still be in operation.