[conspire] (forw) Re: [Evals] Hans Reiser found guilty

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Apr 30 19:18:43 PDT 2008

Quoting Adrien Lamothe (a_lamothe at yahoo.com):

> If Han's contention about her not caring about the children is true,
> then she wouldn't have been motivated to take them with her out of the
> country.

If true, that _doesn't_ change the substance of what I was saying at
all:  In fact, it would make it even _more_ appealing for an embezzler to
just cash out quickly and depart without complicated scheming, not less.

> Also, selling the car and taking whatever other cash she had access to
> and then leaving the country would look like she was fleeing out of
> fear of an embezzlement charge.

I think you're completely missing my underlying point:  If she were
worried about being tried for grand theft / embezzlement, just calmly
and quickly going to Russia and eschewing elaborate revenge/frameup
schemes would be her best and most obvious move, because she would then
be outside the jurisdiction of any court that would care.

Defence's contention that Nina was carrying out an elaborate revenge /
frameup plot thus had the problems that (1) it was out of character for
such an obviously pragmatic person, not to mention (2) an utter lack of
evidence.

Borrow William of Occam's famous razor for just the merest moment, and
see if you don't concur.