[conspire] Hans Reiser found guilty

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Mon Apr 28 19:32:35 PDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, Eric De MUND wrote:

> Dierdre, Rick, All,
> Dire Red <deirdre at deirdre.net>:
> > It's not possible to have a capital case be a bench trial.
> Is this not true on a state-by-state basis? If so, when did this become
> so in California? Post 2004? Or may one only request a bench trial on
> appeal?

"Two months after Mack was sentenced by the three-judge panel, the U.S.
Supreme Court ruled that juries, not judges, must decide capital cases.
Suddenly he had a timely argument against his death sentence."

I don't have time right now to do the Supreme lookup.

_Deirdre  blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"