[conspire] how do I move my .mozilla directory and all the mail contents to an external drive

freepalestin at dslextreme.com freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Fri Apr 18 18:11:11 PDT 2008

I use Seamonkey for my browser and email. I request no flaming.
I want to move the .mozilla directory to an external drive and have access
to all the email and accounts currently in the .mozilla directory and
continue having mail added to the external location.

How do I move my .mozilla directory and all the mail contents
to an external drive and still have access to all my email
accounts and the email in them?

I tried
mv .mozilla /new/path

ln -s /new/path/.mozilla ./

I have no access to my email accounts or the contents of the email.

Thank you for any advice,

Darlene Wallach