[conspire] 802.11g chips, miniPCI to PCI, connectors, bundles

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Thu Sep 27 10:26:51 PDT 2007

begin Rick Moen quotation of Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 11:30:19AM -0700:

> I remember there being considerable dissention and flamage about
> Atheros, a proprietary HAL that includes excessively large amounts of
> functions that are not required to be obscured by FCC regulatory law, a
> reverse-enginnered open source driver or two, lawsuit threats, and a
> BSD v. Linux licence-modification scandal.  I didn't follow this
> closely, but the screaming could be heard from a distance.

It was hard to avoid it if you follow LWN.  The latest
seems to be good news, though.

  "Ultimately, all the copyright holders of the Linux
  ath5k-driver code, derived from ar5k, have been
  contacted and have agreed to license their changes
  under the ISC license, thus allowing improvements
  to be re-incorporated into OpenBSD."

  http://lwn.net/Articles/251867/

--
Don Marti