[conspire] Building with Fink

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Oct 24 17:23:27 PDT 2007

Quoting Adrien Lamothe (a_lamothe at yahoo.com):

> Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Fink is a third-party package-management system for Macintosh OS X.
> "Fink Commander" is a related utility -- also for Macintosh OS X.
> Actually, Fink is a project, that aims to port *nix software to Mac OS X.

That is an additional, related meaning of the term.  It also, as I said,
is the name of the primary tool entailed.  Note the bit about starting by
downloading/mounting the DMG disk image of the Fink 0.8.0 release.  More at:

But, honestly, those are all matters I think a Macintosh user group
might be a more appropriate audience for.  (Just an opinion from a
fellow subscriber.)