[conspire] Ubuntu 7.10

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:39:46 PDT 2007

On 10/18/07, jose tav <josetav at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Will somebody bring a copy of Ubuntu 7.10 to the Google install fest next
> Saturday?

Jose (and other interested parties)

I will likely bring 7.10 ubuntu (i386, amd64) in both desktop and
alternate editions to
the installfest.

I found a fairly fast (i.e., anything over 2000 kbps is fine & dandy
with me) mirror at the University of Sherborne in Quebec, CA.

Early this morning before work, I tried a number of NA mirrors - and
even one or two overseas mirrors, but most of them were too slow for
me to consider downloading from the site - in most cases, less than 50
kbps.

The mirrors must have been hit hard ;).

Time permitting (and if the d/l link keeps being this fast) I will
likely be able to get server editions too, maybe not sparc as there is
little interest.