[conspire] Happy Lupercalia

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Oct 17 19:16:56 PDT 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:53:11 -0700, Tim Utschig wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 01:14:06AM +0000, Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:
>> How do I rebind Q and Space in vim to behave like in less?
>
> Having had a keybinding or two in my ~/.vimrc once upon a time,
> think I can answer that...
>
>    nmap q :q!<CR>
>    nmap <Space> <PageDown>
>
> Assuming you want them to work in "normal" mode rather than
> input mode, command mode, etc.

It works, Dr. Frankentype! ¡Muchas gracias! I tested it out on the
~/.vimrc file itself. (I left out the ! after the q, because that's how I
want it to work.) I was so happy with the results that I even added the
following line to the ~/.bashrc file:

alias less=vim

And to think all I needed to do was portscan my editor...