[conspire] Happy Lupercalia

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Oct 17 18:14:06 PDT 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 00:14:49 -0800, Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:

> It's late; I forgot to mention the slight irony of the non-eating of pork
> in the region when considering that a single binary decrement on "Suez"
> would yield a pig call.

It now occurs to me that the above is only true on a big-endian machine.

You may be wondering what could possibly have suddenly reminded me to
revisit this observation. Well, I often use both less and vim, and I keep
finding myself trying to use the less keybindings in vim. I unsuccessfully
went looking through the mailing list archives looking for a recent thread
where somebody showed off a vim command that could put perl, awk, emacs,
bash, etc. to shame, in hopes of asking: How do I rebind Q and Space in
vim to behave like in less?