[conspire] [solution] screen grab/dump of multiscreen web page?

Eric De Mund ead-conspire at ixian.com
Tue Oct 16 02:06:40 PDT 2007

All,

Eric De Mund <ead at ixian.com>:
] Is there a way in linux to grab or dump a multiple-screens-tall web
] page to one .png file?

I came across a solution that seems to do exactly what I was looking
for. I've only used it a little bit so far, but I'm extremely happy with
it:

    Screengrab! (0.93)
    http://www.screengrab.org/

It's a Firefox extension, and there are screenshots at the above URL.
Here are the two key descriptive paragraphs from that page:

    Screengrab! is an extension for Firefox that makes it easy to save a
    web-page as an image. With it, you can save anything that you can
    see in a browser window - from a small selection, to a complete page.

    Basically Screengrab! lets you take what you want from a web-page:
    the entire scrollable document, just the visible bit, or a draggable
    selection. Screengrab will even save just the contents of an individ-
    ual frame.

I plan to use it to clip web pages of interest that don't page-break
well with my usual "File / Print... / PostScript/default / [v] Print to
File" method.

Cheers,
Eric
--
"Make it a practice to keep on the lookout for novel and interesting
ideas that others have used successfully. Your idea has to be original

Eric De Mund              |      Ixian Systems      |
email: <ead at ixian.com>    | 650 Castro St, #120-210 | fax: (321) 600-6005
http://www.ixian.com/ead/ | Mountain View, CA 94041 | Y!M: ead0002; ICQ: 811788