[conspire] Mint Linux - STAY AWAY, it's a buntu

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Oct 15 14:09:18 PDT 2007

Quoting Bruce Coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> Mint derives most of its code from Ubuntu so if your drives "just
> don't get along with Ubuntu"  you've been warned! If your distro keeps
> wiping out partitions post-install you EARN a reputation.

Well, I continue to have perfectly fine luck with *buntu.

FWIW, I tend to lay out and format partitions with whatever is my
current choice of live CD (currently Sidux, a project started by
developers who left Kanotix en-masse) prior to doing an OS installation,
just out of habit and caution.  If (like you) I were doing massively
multiboot installations, I'd be doubly careful to take that sort of
precaution.

> I'm bringing simply MEPIS beta5 prior to 7 and recommend it highly.

Good.  I'm glad Warren's effort isn't falling apart.