[conspire] SBAY offlist posting syndorme from Paul

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Nov 29 15:56:14 PST 2007

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

[To Bruce Coston]

> It's as simple as this:  some people seem to like their mailinglists
> chock full of dirty laundry. I don't.

You prefer to unilaterally _cause_ that dirty laundry, and then threaten
to muzzle or ban people who want to expose it to the public.  Figured
that one out, some months ago.  ;->

> I'm stuck wondering what your goal is.

Funny you should mention that:  One of these days, someone is going to
corner you on your ongoing refusal to discuss what _your_ goal is.  You
talk an amazing array of bizarre ideas about collecting thousands of
dollars in donation money from (e.g.) Untangle, incorporating,
reaffiliating with Sbay.org, getting 501(c)(3) charity non-profit
recognition from the IRS, setting up some sort of wacky virtual-machine
plus Web/wiki thing -- on a PIII with 1MB RAM, mind you -- and hosting a
bunch of extra, new projects on its multiple VM subhosts, abusing the
donated rackspace and bandwidth.

(And all the while continuing to break our commitment to Linode, who did
_not_ in any way agree to what you claim they did on the sponsor page --
making Lisa Corsetti and Micah Dowty seem like liars to one of our
valued sponsors.)

You _talk_ all of those things, but seem terribly upset when people want
to bring them in front of your group's membership.  Could that be
because you know your membership has already voted "hell no" on a bunch
of those things, and isn't going to go for them?

If you think your plans are a good idea, then your refusal to talk about
them or let anyone else, e.g., Darlene, discuss them, seems amazingly
like an admission that you have zero support but think all you need to
do is keep everyone in the dark.

> ...maybe you'd like to do something constructive...

Constructive like driving your own vice-president to resignation and
then trying to hide that fact from the membership while frantically
trying to convince Warren Turkal to take his place and hoping to
hand-wave the damage away?  That kind of constructive?